Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Ready for Review?

The Last week has been crazy busy. We've been getting the game ready for it's second review.

 Blake and I fixed a bunch of multiple controller bugs to start off.

I've been getting the new UI working. I had to get a different better font formatted and textured to be able to get it in the game.

After that Max sent me some screenshots that we are now using for background art for the menu system. I got those working then set moving on getting the option screen to have a controller displaying what the player currently has as a layout. In the end I ended up blowing the dust off my photoshop and getting some art whipped up for that.

 I had to then get Layouts to work. I implemented the ability to use a controller layout, but it appeared that it was easier for my team to hard code the buttons into the game. I worked my way through the code and implemented the ability to change the controller layout along with the changing pictures on the option screen.

After implementing this, I quickly learned that my code did not have the ability to change controller layouts mid game. With the lack of time to the push time, I quickly put together an  in game option screen that didn't give the ability to change the controller layout.

A few more tweeks later and being 1 or 2 am (I can't remember >_<   )  we ended for the night still wondering if we should push the game for review.

In the morning I loaded the game up and deployed it on the Xbox only to find that some of the scaling was off when the television was widescreen. I jumped on it and started coding again. I could only get some of it done because of my lack of knowledge of certain areas of the code. That is where we were as of this morning. More end of game craziness to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment